Innovate or die! Ajmal Mushtaq, the owner of Britain biggest takeaway restaurant, Mushtaqs in Hamilton in Scotland, has…
Why You Need Public Liability Insurance
It’s exciting to be in a position to start your own business, but if starting your own business puts you in a public position then you have to look beyond yourself when it comes to setting things up. As a business owner, you’re going to be looking at everything that you will need to make sure that your business is a success.
That means you need to look at who you are hiring, what services you plan to outsource, and you also need to consider what kind of insurance your business will need. You know that accidents can happen when the public are involved and your business is open to everybody to move in and out of. You might not be able to prevent every single slip, trip or fall that happens within your business premises, and while you can have Redlich’s Workcover Lawyers back you up in the event an employee has an accident, what do you do about the public? This is where public liability insurance steps in. You may already know that property damage or personal injury claims can get quite expensive, and it doesn’t matter whether your business is the one at fault; This is something you still have to deal with even if you are not the one at fault. With public liability insurance however, no matter what happens within your business you are protected. So here are all the reasons you need to have this insurance on your list.
- Your business is protected. As we’ve mentioned, public liability insurance gives you a cloak. It doesn’t mean that you are not going to end up with higher premiums if you have to pay out for an injury, but it does mean that those premiums being slightly higher each month is still gonna cost you less than paying out of pocket for an injury. If your business isn’t handling acclaim properly, and you don’t have liability insurance, then you are going to lose not just your money, but trust from your customers and any potential profit. You can also expect your business reputation to be ruined as this will be publicised.
- Your customers will be protected. As well as protecting your business, public liability insurance is in place to help the people who come and shop with you. Running a retail store is not always easy, but it’s much easier when you know that medical costs, property damage and compensation costs I’m going to be covered. If your business is found at fault because of an injury, you won’t have to use the funds that you have in the bank to pay compensation because public liability insurance will do that for you. This means that customers are protected when they come into the store knowing that if something goes wrong and they slip and have an injury, they will get the payout they are looking for.
- It’s usually mentioned in contracts. From suppliers to companies that deal with your business, contract prerequisites are a thing. Even though you are not actually legally required to have this insurance, it’s the smart thing to do. If you sign contracts that you are activating into the public sector, you have to get liability insurance otherwise your other premiums are going to go through the roof. Contracts will usually mention the amount of liability that your insurance has to cover and that can be up to millions of pounds depending on who you are dealing with. It’s recommended that you look into these insurance options as soon as you can, and get some advice from a legal mind.
- You could save your business. If you don’t have public liability insurance and you need it, you would end up saving your business from folding. If you get hit with a massive compensation claim that you can’t pay, liability insurance is there to back you up.
- You are going to be in a better position to build trust. comes to presenting your business to the rest of the world you need to prove that you are professional. That means building trust with your customers, your clients and any suppliers you happen to need. If you are the kind of business owner that refuses to get the right kind of insurance, people are not going to want to buy from you or work with you.
Take our word for it, public liability insurance is a need, not just a ‘nice to have’ option for a new business on the market.