Staff clocking ‘phantom hours’ costing UK businesses - £37 million a week Outdated scheduling tools leaving…
Why and How You Should Run An Eco-Friendly Business
There’s no easy way to phrase it; the planet is in turmoil because of individuals’ and businesses’ actions. Global warming, a polluted sea, and melting ice caps are just some of the consequences of excessive waste. But there are multiple environmentally friendly charities and businesses attempting to make a difference. And the smallest contribution can make a massive impact. Whether showing others how to be more eco-conscious. Or preventing excessive waste from taking up room in the ever-increasing landfill of rubbish.
However, saving the world isn’t the only reason company owners, such as you, could consider a greener way of operating your business. Being eco-conscious benefits businesses in a range of ways, for instance;
- Eco-friendly business practices can reduce waste and save costs.
- Promoting a business’s green efforts to the world via social media platforms could help your company connect and communicate better with new customers. Particularly with those concerned about the environment. And keen to opt for brands that share their values about protecting the planet.
- Creating an environmentally friendly workplace can be conducive to providing a healthier environment for people to work. For instance, introducing plants into the office will naturally clean the air, with the added proven benefit of acting as a natural de-stressor in the workplace.
To begin accruing the benefits above for your business while simultaneously preventing further damage to the planet, here are a few environmentally friendly elements you can incorporate into your business;
- Instruct a ‘turn it off’ policy when something isn’t in use. Ask the staff to turn off computers and devices when the workday is complete. This small change can make a significant difference. Reducing wasted energy and your electricity bills.
- Partner with suppliers and companies that are eco-conscious. Such as those who create reusable products with your company logo or deliver products without excessive packaging. Or companies that plant multiple trees per year as a side project. This will put you in good stead from a marketing perspective and show you’re united with other businesses in the quest to protect and preserve the earth.
- From cardboard boxes to glass bottles, recycle everything possible from your business space. There are bound to be recycling centers nearby. You or an employee can send any unwanted things to be categorized and reused.
- Switch energy providers to green energy suppliers. This is a quick change that any business can make with ease.
- Plant seeds to grow shrubs, plants, and trees outside your business premises. It will improve the exterior’s appearance and provide a pleasant environment for employees to take a break in the summer. While also restoring some of the greenery, the world has lost and cleanse the air of harmful gases.
With so many possibilities, you’re sure to find an eco-friendly change you can make that fits your company. In the process, you’ll enhance your brand’s reputation. Reduce business expenses. And provide a healthier environment for your staff to work.