In recent years, there has been an increasing demand for natural and organic skincare! Customers become more conscious of what they consume on a daily basis and what they put on their skin. Also, more attention is paid to the components of the products, how they affect people and health, and how production operations affect the environment. Private label skin care manufacturer, Selfnamed, approves – demand for natural and organic skincare products have skyrocketed! In this article we will uncover the truth about natural cosmetics and what it takes for a business to offer natural skincare products!
Natural skincare is a commitment to using ingredients that are derived from natural sources, plants, minerals, botanical extracts. Which are grown without the use of synthetic pesticides, GMOs, or other harmful chemicals.
The ingredients are obtained from different processing types! Like physical (drying, grinding, squeezing), fermentation reactions, and other preparation procedures, that do not include chemically modifying the ingredient!
Therefore, natural cosmetics also include restrictive ingredients that are approved in small quantities, such as preservatives – benzoic acid, sodium benzoate and others.
Natural products consist of different flower and berry extracts, oils! This is why many of these products are rich in different vitamins, antioxidants, and other compounds that can promote skin health. The products with natural ingredients provide long term benefits. The efficacy is based on the ingredient concentration and formulation!
Natural and synthetic skincare differ in various critical aspects! Natural skincare brands are forced to implement these criteria in order to be able to call their products natural!
- Ingredient Transparency – as mentioned, natural skincare products contain naturally obtained ingredients. Natural skincare brands are transparent about their ingredient lists! As well as provable claims, for example – vegan organic skincare, product does not contain added fragrances etc. On the other side, synthetic skin care may contain chemical additives, artificial fragrances, and preservatives that are not derived from natural sources! As well as the information of the ingredients origin and manufacturing is not accessible.
- Avoidance of Harsh Chemicals – natural formulas exclude harsh chemicals like parabens, phenoxyethanol, silicon, PEG, and synthetic dyes. These ingredients often can be found in synthetic skincare. These ingredients potentially can cause skin irritations and long-term health concerns!
- Manufacturing methods – natural skincare ingredients are grown by using environmentally friendly farming methods! As well as substances and natural scents – have not grown with chemicals, pesticides or toxins, which can be very harmful to one’s health and body!
- Sustainable and environment friendly practices – eco-friendly approach is a must for natural skincare packaging design! Using sustainably sourced ingredients, and recyclable packaging is also one of the criteria for brands that focus on clean products! ECOCERT certified products are allowed to use packaging that is recyclable (PET, PP, PE, glass, aluminum etc.) and which require relatively little energy to produce! Synthetic skincare products are often filled in non-renewable material packaging and excessive packaging, which contributes to further environmental pollution.
- Third-party Certifications – there are few reputable examples such as COSMOS, NATRUE, or Soil Association. These certifications are not easy to get! As the products need to meet specific standards for manufacturing processes from the raw materials to finished product and sustainability approaches criterias! On average, ECOCERT certified products contain 99% ingredients of natural origin in total!
Few points need to be taken into consideration when offering natural skincare to customers! For startups, it is better to use a white or private label cosmetics, if resources are limited!
First, see if the products have any of the certificates (that were mentioned above). This also applies to the manufacturing facility! As these third-party certificates guarantee the good quality of the product! As well as the methods of extraction and processing of the ingredients used in the products!
Second, see the white or private label manufacturers ethos, certifications, and customer reviews, to understand brand reputation and authenticity. Do not hesitate to ask about different ingredients and sourcing, if some questions arise!
The truth about natural skincare lies in transparency and ethical manufacturing processes! If you ever make your own skincare products company, make sure to have the best white label or private label manufacturing! Who can ensure excellent product quality, as well as environmentally friendly solutions in both production and packaging! As well as provide good quality products accessible to different markets – natural skincare UK, EU, and other regions of the world!